Everyday there is someone starting, working on or completing a project that directly benefits us shooters.
During the month of March our volunteers have donated over 300 hours to the Sporting Clay Discipline. An ever increasing monthly number thanks to all that can offer help. Whether it is work from home creating web information or documents for record keeping, setting the courses and running the lodge it is all appreciated. If we collectively want to keep the momentum going come join us.
We developed a 2019 financial and site plan including grant processes for expansion, including the addition of new machines and 5 more refurbished for a total of 31 machines. Rebuilt a gator to distribute clays on the courses. Expanded the parking. Created this blog site. Operational training and five stand. Course designs changed frequently and a team that listens to concerns. Promoted Wednesday shoots and special events. The list is extensive and the best way to see what progressive individuals can do come shoot.
Nothing happens at this site without your generous donations and volunteer hours. So here is some of what is planned and where we could certainly use some more bodies. You can also go to the volunteer suggestion area of this blog to add your special thoughts. Most construction materials will be furnished and always accepted.
- Paint the outside of the lodge. Anyone with a paint sprayer?
- Build a deck and covering on the front of the lodge
- Gun racks for around the lodge
- Burning brush with Steve Timm
- General course cleanup of clays, wads, pathways
- Paint the conex
- Donations for the completion of the parking lot cinders. We have some and it will start around the lodge, five stand and then out through the parking lot using existing donations.
- Rebuild or modify the stations on five stand and sporting clays.
- Excavator or front loader to help with some clearing.
- Build two carports to replace the lost canopies from the snow.
- Weekend lodge workers for opening, taking money and closing. You need not be a shooter to do this so bring a spouse or friend that we can train.
There is much more to do and with your help our facility will become the Central Oregon destination for shooting. Give an hour or a day.
Enter your information on this link and we’ll be touch.