Email from Redmond Rod and Gun Club
At the last Board meeting, the following decision was made to the Personal Shoot Card Wednesdays schedule: May 1 through September 30 – Limited check in from 10 am to 11 am. No late arrivals allowed on course. You must be off the course by 1:30 pm for the safety of any volunteers who may have tasks.
As previously announced the following changes to our Wednesday shoot became effective earlier this month.
- Still first and third Wednesdays of the month
- You must have a personal shoot card. See below for details.
- Office will be open for check-in and payments for one hour only. It will then close which means the “no late start” rule still applies. We will no longer have shotgun starts. Think of this as open shooting but with a restricted check-in time. The day’s volunteer also wants to shoot!
- You may head out to Twisted Tree or the training/warm up station after check-in.
- Regular prices apply
- You must be off the course as posted for the safety of any volunteers who may have tasks.
Personal Shoot Cards
- Purchase your own countdown card for a one-time fee of $5.
- Pre-load up to 2,000 targets. There is a discount when purchasing 500 or more targets at a time.
- A signed waiver is required.
- The countdown card is only for use during Sporting Clays shooting times as shown on the calendar, and check-in is required prior to each day’s shooting
Open regular hours this weekend: 10 am to 2 pm both Saturday and Sunday. Wednesday time change (see below).
Come see the newest addition to our Sporting Clays facility, the Training and Warm Up Station, which has a multitude of uses. The introductory targets here are helpful to use before heading out to Twisted Tree with its broad variety of challenging presentations. Or, start here if you are new to the shotgun sports and want to learn. This station is the place to start if you are introducing your friends and family to Sporting Clays. A third benefit is at the end of the day; finish up at this easy station and end with the positive image of clay shards showering down. The station, located just beyond the 5-Stand, is equipped with an electronic target puller so your sporting clays personal shoot card will work.
Eric White, a certified instructor, maintains this station with four consistent target presentations: incoming, outgoing, and a left to right, and right to left crossers. These presentations are perfect for teaching, and to practice your gun mount, moving to the target, and the different swings (swing through, pull-away and sustained lead).
For all the reasons above, both new and experienced shooters can reap rewards from this station. Eric is working in the office on Saturday so you introduce yourself and talk to him if you are interested in instruction.
Eric also posts tips on his Facebook page.
NOTE: Personal Shoot Card Wednesdays time change for the summer
- First and third Wednesdays of the month for Sporting Clays
- You must have a personal shoot card.
- May 1 through September 30 – Limited check in from 10 am to 11 am. No late arrivals allowed on course. You must be off the course by 1:30 pm for the safety of any volunteers who may have tasks.
- You may head out to the Twisted Tree course or the training/warm up station after check in.