We hear all the time from people who want to help or have suggestions for the course. The Sporting Clays discipline is always in search of donations through both volunteer time and financially as it takes a dedicated group to keep us operational day to day or support improvements.
- New course build: New stations, a club house and a training station. We need both funds and labor to complete the vision.
- Friday course setup and machine preparation for each weekend (filling the machines, checking batteries, emptying shell buckets, menu card changes, etc.).
- Weekend Lodge Volunteer: Greet and check-in visitors, and empty the trash at the end of the day. Sign up with a group of friends and you can work in shifts so that you can shoot, too. The main lodge operator earns a free 100-target Sporting Clay voucher.
- Grant Writing: We are looking for help in grant writing as money is available for ranges seeking to expand their offerings. We need a lead volunteer and people willing to help with the research.
- Range improvement: special projects to improve and expand our range. This is especially important if we receive grant funding as there is almost always a requirement for the discipline to provide labor.
Good things happen with good people working toward a common goal.
Please share your thoughts anytime. Sporting Clays is determined to move forward and keep the shooters well informed. Have something you would like to see done? Contact the Discipline Director with your idea and a game plan.
Let us know how you can help or if you have a request. We’re listening!